Prime RibFrom jlophoenixrising 6 years ago
How to make it
- Create a seasoning rub or paste with ingredients such as pepper, coarse salt, minced garlic, and onion powder, mix in with olive oil. Make a series of ½ inch deep slits all over the top of the roast as well as the sides. Rub your seasonings all over the roast, covering all exposed meat.
- Place the roast in a heavy metal roasting pan, bone-side down.
- No matter what size roast you have, you will start it in a pre-heated 450 degree oven for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees for the balance of cooking time. For rare cook on 325 for 1 1/4 hours to 1 1/2 hours!
- Use a digital thermometer to test your meat! Once prime rib has reached desired level of temp-let set ten-fifteen minutes before slicing.
The Cookjlophoenixrising Riley, KS
- Not added to any groups yet!