Bake Ahead Mashed PotatoesFrom darmorrow 8 years ago
- 9 large russet potatoes shopping list
- 1 250g package of cream cheese - light or regular, softened shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream - fat free or regular shopping list
- 2 tsp onion salt shopping list
- 1 tsp salt - or less to taste shopping list
- dash of pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Cook potatoes in boiling water until tender. Drain
- Mash well and add the rest of the ingredients. Beat with hand mixer till fluffy.
- Let cool slightly and place in large, greased (buttered) casserole. Dot with butter and refrigerate.
- To serve, bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- The original recipe called for the casserole to be taken out of the refrigerator an hour before going into the oven to let it warm up. I have cancelled that because it contains a raw egg. This translates into more cooking time to heat it through. I've increased the time from 30 minutes to 45.
The Cookdarmorrow North Vancouver, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!