Smurffys Prime Rib RoastFrom smurfetta 9 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Coat roast liberally with olive oil. Every square inch do not be stingy. (This helps sear and crisp up the outside of the roast.)
- Sprinkle the ENTIRE ROAST with a layer of the Garlic and Herb seasoning (press it on).
- Be Generous. Keep pressing the seasoning on until there's a visible LAYER of seasoning, then spray again with olive oil.
- This will melt away a bit and soak in a bit and create a crusty outer layer to die for.
- Coat every square inch of top, sides, bottom, bones, etc. Then, add a bit more pepper and salt for good measure.
- Place roast, bone side down (the bones serve in place of a meat rack), in shallow roasting pan.
- DO NOT COVER!!!!!!!
- Roast 15 minutes at 450.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°F.
- Roast 20 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 120°F to 130°F for rare, 135°F to 145°F for medium.
- When roast has reached desired temperature, transfer to cutting board; tent with foil.
- Let stand in warm place 20 to 30 minutes to allow for easier carving. Temperature of roast will continue to rise about 10°F during standing time.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
The Rating7 people
Ahhhhhhh, this will be soooooooo yummy. I love all your recipes.anniemay in Huntsville loved it
YUUUMMMMYYY! I just might make this for Christmas dinner! Thanks!pamelanava in Prosper loved it
OMG... I wish you could smell my house right this minute... I am getting my glass of wine ready and lighting candles for Dear Hubby and I to enjoy...
I made chicken cesar salad/ pizza for the kids...
Hey its Friday Night...skyduchess in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!