Rosemary Chicken with Summer Squash and ZucchiniFrom elle 8 years ago
- 4 medium boneless chicken breasts, sliced into fillets shopping list
- lemon pepper seasoning shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 9 oz refrigerated plain or spinach linguine shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 smallish summer squash, sliced shopping list
- 1 smallish zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tsp dried rosemary shopping list
- 1 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (set aside 4 TB of it to mix with cornstarch) shopping list
- 4 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan, plus more to garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Sprinkle the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning on both sides.
- Heat a bit of the oil in a large skillet.
- Cook the chicken 3-5 minutes per side, depending on thickness.
- When no longer pink, remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according the the package directions, set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the skillet and add the garlic, cook for about 15 seconds.
- Add the summer squash and zucchini, the 1 cup of wine or broth, and the rosemary and basil.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir together the 4 TB of broth and the cornstarch.
- Add to the pan and stir until thickened, then cook for 2 minutes more.
- Add the pasta, tomatoes, parmesan, and reserved broth, tossing to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve with chicken.
- Garnish with more parm.