Lentil-Vegetable SoupFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 1 medium-sized white onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 lb celery root, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups dry lentils, rinsed shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a splash of water in a 6-quart pot over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic. Cover, and cook 5 minutes to soften.
- Add carrots, parsnip, celery root, lentils, stock, soy sauce and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover, and cook, stirring from time to time, until lentils and vegetables are tender, 1 to 1 ½ hours.
- Stir in the baby spinach and cook 2-3 minutes, until just wilted, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group170 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Good To Freeze127 members
Comfort Foods770 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members