Strawberry Cream CakeFrom jlophoenixrising 9 years ago
How to make it
- Mix cake as directed on box (omitting water*)-preheat your oven to temperature stated on cake mix box. **Instead of using water, use strawberry juice** Lightly dust cake pans wih some of the cake mix powder.
- Pour batter into two 8 inch pans and bake as directed-cool on wire racks. Cake is done when fork or toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Slice each cooled cake into halves-put 1st layer on pie plate, spread strawberry preserves over top, repeat two more times. Put final cake layer on top. Frost entire cake with cream cheese frosting.
- Final step is to slice fresh strawberries into thin slices and place nicely on top of cake-covering whole cake!
- (The pic is of the cake that Hub-Man made for me for my birthday last year!)