Big And Chewy Chocolate Chip CookiesFrom ambauer 8 years ago
- 3 1/2 cup AP flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 16 tbsp (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 2 large egg yolks shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 12 ox semi-sweet chocolate chips (2 cups) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325oF. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using an electric mixer, until combined 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until combined, about 30 seconds, scrapping down the bown and beaters as needed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add in the flour mixture until combined (do not over mix) about 30 seconds. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Work with 1/4 cup of dough, form a ball and press to flatten slightly, repeat and space the cookies ~2 1/2" apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake until the edges are golden, but the centers are still soft and puffy, ~17 to 20 minutes, turning the sheets half-way through baking.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then serve warm or transfer to a baking sheet and let cool completely.