Stewed Fruit And DumplingsFrom cadavis 9 years ago
- 2 Pints fresh or frozen fruit ( strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peaches, etc. just use your favorites) shopping list
- 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup of milk shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In the crock-pot,combine the fruit, the 1/2 cup of sugar, the water, and tapioca.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the fruit has formed a thick sauce.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, the 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a pastry blender or 2 knives to cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour mixture and stir until a soft dough is formed.
- Turn the crock-pot to High if it is on Low.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonfuls on top of the fruit.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes to 1 Hour, until a toothpick inserted into the dumplings comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and Serve warm.