Good Ole New England Clam ChowderFrom dariana 7 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 2 cups chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup white wine shopping list
- Three 8 oz. cans clam juice shopping list
- Three 12 oz. cans chopped clams shopping list
- 1 quart milk shopping list
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes shopping list
- 3 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley + 1 Tablespoon for optional garnish shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- oyster crackers for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a 5-quart soup pot melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the onions, celery, green bell peppers, garlic, and dried thyme. Sauté until tender.
- Add the flour and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the wine, clam juice, milk, and heavy cream; stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the clams and potatoes. Cook until potatoes are tender (5-10 minutes).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- For optional garnish, sprinkle with oyster crackers and 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley and serve.
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating4 people
I made this and it was really good. I used corn instead of peppers, because I don't actually like peppers, and used a little bit more clam juice. When I make this again, and I will, I would probably use less cream, both for health reasons and becau...moresahna in New York loved it
A little too creamy and not quite fishy enough for me, but other than that it was wonderfulsahna in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!