Pretzel RollsFrom tomatopancake 7 years ago
- 3/4 cup warm (80-90 degree) water shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2.5 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp. butter, melted shopping list
- 2.25 cups + 1 Tbsp. bread flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. active dry yeast. shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- kosher or coarse sea salt for topping shopping list
How to make it
- Place the 3/4 c. water, salt, brown sugar, butter, flour and yeast into your bread machine pan fitted with the paddle, in that order (or in the order specified by your particular bread machine). Select the dough/pizza dough cycle and the small size loaf (1 lb.). Press start to mix, knead and rise.
- When the cycle is completed, remove the dough and knead on a lightly floured surface for 2 minutes. Divide the dough into equal pieces and shape them how you like. Place them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Cover them with a lightly oiled sheet of plastic wrap and let them rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Bring the 2 cups of water to a light rolling bowl on the stovetop. Stir in the baking soda. Carefully slide the pretzels/rolls one at a time. Leave the roll there about 45 seconds before flipping and boiling for 45 minutes on the other side. Pick them up with a slotted spatula and let the water drain that way or put them on a cooling rack.
- After you have done that with all the rolls, place them on a parchment/silpat lined cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg white and sprinkle them with kosher salt. Bake them for about 12-15 minutes or until they have turned golden brown