Ny Pepper SteakFrom sirgma 5 years ago
- 4- 1lb NY Strip steaks shopping list
- 1/4 cup whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup cognac shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Pat NY strips dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels and place to the side
- Use a pepper mill at coarsest setting or bottom of a heavy fry pan to roughly crack the pepper corns
- Press peppercorns into all sides of strips so they are very well covered
- Heat butter and olive oil in a heavy saute pan over very high heat (use your vent!!) If you prefer to, you can use your grill for this or a preheated oven at 450 degrees.
- Sear the strip on both sides until the outsides are crisp, about 3- 4 min each side.
- Remove the saute pan from heat, and remove strips to a warming plate and place in oven at 300 degrees to bring to desired temp .
- over med high heat deglaze the saute pan with Cognac being sure to loosen all the tiny little brown morsels, mmmmm.
- Flambes, and after the flame has died, add the cream and reduce to 3/4 cup.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve sauce over strips or on the side in small ramekin
The Cooksirgma Simpsonville, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!