BLT DipFrom werblondz 9 years ago
How to make it
- fry bacon until crisp and drain on a paper towel
- chop head of lettuce into fine chop
- seed tomatoes and chop into fine pieces....sometimes I blanch them for 1 or 2 minutes in boiling water to remove the skins easily, but the skin is fine on the tomato as well, your preference.
- chop onion finely or grate onion with a cheese grater
- stir together sour cream and mayo
- crumble cooled bacon and add
- add tomatoes and onions
- salt & pepper as needed, you may omit salt as bacon is already salty enough
- right before serving add lettuce...or it becomes to wilted and soft
- serve with crackers, melba toasts, garlice bread, pretzles, etc.
- this recipe is easily doubled as needed for a crowd