Sweet Red Pepper Chicken Lo MeinFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- 8 ounces uncooked lo mein noodles shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup stir-fry sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 3/4 pound fresh chicken, cut into shopping list
- 2-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts shopping list
- 2 red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In small bowl, combine broth, stir-fry sauce, cornstarch and lemon zest. Blend well.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken. Sprinkle on salt. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Add broccoli, red peppers and onion to skillet. Cook and stir for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Return chicken to skillet. Stir broth mixture until smooth. Add to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is bubbly and thick. Serve over noodles.