Easy Kimchi JjigaeFrom danalynn 7 years ago
- A handful (1/4 pound) or more of chopped pork belly, bacon, or other pork (OPTIONAL) shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 4+ cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 tsp. chopped ginger shopping list
- 1 cup kimchi (available at stores like Whole Foods, or at Asian grocery stores) shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 package silken tofu (I used firm, but use what you like!) shopping list
- hot sauce, to taste shopping list
- 3 T soy sauce (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 T rice vinegar (or to taste) shopping list
- salt (to taste) shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan, saute the pork until cooked through
- Add the onions, garlic, and ginger; saute ~5 minutes until onions are transparent
- Add kimchi (including any juices). Stir until kimchi is warm/hot
- Pour in water, bring to a boil. Allow to boil while you...
- Cut the tofu into cubes
- Add tofu to pot
- Taste. It'll be spicy!!!! Add as much hot sauce as you can stand.
- Add vinegar if you think you could stand for it to be a little more piquant
- Splash in some soy sauce for added flavor and salt
- Add salt if needed.
- Serve with steamed white rice to help temper the spiciness and strong flavor
- (Inspired by http://www.zenkimchi.com/FoodJournal/?p=30 and http://www.xanga.com/item.aspx?user=koreancooking&tab=weblogs&uid=328138549 )
The Cookdanalynn Brooklyn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!