Breaded Skinless Fish Fillets with Red Pepper MayonnaiseFrom shandy 6 years ago
- 1 7 to 8-ounce red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise shopping list
- 1 T. finely chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/2 t. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/2 t. coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 2 T. milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread shopping list
- 4 5- to 6-ounce skinless thin fish fillets (such as flounder or petrale sole) shopping list
- 2 T. (or more) butter shopping list
- 2 T. (or more) olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Using on/off turns, chop bell pepper in processor until juices form. Transfer to small sieve set over bowl; let drain 10 minutes. Mix next 4 ingredients in small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup bell pepper. Season mayonnaise with salt and pepper.
- Do Ahead: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Mix flour and next 2 ingredients in pie dish. Whisk egg and milk in another dish. Place breadcrumbs in third dish. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Coat each side with flour, then egg mixture, then breadcrumbs, covering completely.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter with 2 Tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, add fish to skillet. Saute until just opaque in center and crust is golden brown, adding more butter and oil as needed, about 4 minutes per side. Serve fillets with red pepper mayonnaise.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating1 people
thank you Shandy - perfect dish for me - i get slightly ill just reading all the terrific sweets and cakes and cookies recipes - although i hanker to taste JUST ONE! but this - just wonderful.kochhexe in Butzbach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!