Dotties Beef and Beans ChiliFrom dottiet 6 years ago
- 1 - 2 lbs. super lean ground beef shopping list
- 2 cans bush baked beans (what ever style you like the best) shopping list
- 2 cans kidney beans shopping list
- 2 cans pinto beans shopping list
- 2 cans garbanzo or chick peas shopping list
- 1 large can diced tomatoes in sauce shopping list
- 1 large onion diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Menudo spice mix (I use Gebhardt brand) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder if you can't find Menudo spice Mix shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 large handful sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup instant masa corn flour mix (for thickening and flavor. shopping list
How to make it
- Brown hamburger and onions in large heavy bottom pan.
- Add all the beans without draining them.
- Add spices, sugar, salt, pepper and masa flour stir well to blend.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes until heated through very well.
- Serve with lots of cornbread, shredded cheese, sour cream and hot peppers to your taste.