Sweet Potato ButterFrom pood 5 years ago
- 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut into slices about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. cinnamon or to taste shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg, optional shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir. Cook on high until sweet potatoes are fully cooked.
- Mash or beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- This mixture will be a little thicker than apple butter.
- If you put it in hot jars with fresh lids and bands it will seal and you can put in your pantry.
- If not canned it will hold in the refrigerator for several weeks.