Chilled Shrimp and Jicama Soup with BasilFrom princesa9580 5 years ago
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 pound jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 8 ounces small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups 2% reduced fat milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups low fat sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped basil shopping list
- 1 medium red bell pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch by 1 inch strips shopping list
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into 1/4 by 1 inch strips shopping list
How to make it
- Puree the cucumbers with the balsamic vinegar in a food processor for about one minute or until smooth. Pour cucumber puree into a large bowl. Add SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener and salt. Stir well. Add jicama and stir.
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and the cayenne pepper.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil until lightly smoking. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink, about 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- Spoon the sour cream into a large bowl. Add the milk slowly while blending with a wire whisk. Add the cucumber and jicama mixture, shrimp, basil, and the roasted peppers and combine. Chill thoroughly and serve.
The Cookprincesa9580 *******, DE
- Not added to any groups yet!