Baked Spanish OmeletteFrom muffinmonster 9 years ago
- ● 300g diced potatoes shopping list
- ● 125g diced carrots shopping list
- ● 125g sweetcorn (fresh, frozen or canned) shopping list
- ● ½ tsp sunflower oil shopping list
- ● 1 small courgette, thinly sliced shopping list
- ● 1 small red pepper, cut into thin strips shopping list
- ● 4 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- ● 200ml skimmed milk shopping list
- ● 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- ● ½ tsp paprika shopping list
- ● 1 clove garlic, crushed shopping list
- ● salt and black pepper shopping list
- ● 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- ● 40g grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- You could also use chopped olives, but as I loathe olives, I left them out. Actually, any vegetable works well in this, really. shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 5, 190˚F, 190˚C.
- 2. Cover the potatoes and carrots with plenty of water, bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. If using fresh sweetcorn, add to the potatoes and carrots for 4 – 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 3. Lightly oil a 20 cm (8 inch) round dish. Put in the potatoes, carrots and sweetcorn. Cover with slices of courgette and pepper.
- 4. Mix together the eggs, milk, thyme, paprika and garlic. Season and pour over the vegetable mixture. Cover with slices of tomato and grated cheese.
- 5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown and hot.
The Cookmuffinmonster Manchester, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!