Cottage Pie Aka Shepherds PieFrom tillia 9 years ago
- * I wrote this w/ these amounts, but it can easily be scaled up or down depending on your needs. I have made it w/ as little as a beef pattie and some leftover potatoes. shopping list
- -2 Lb ground meat...beef, lamb, Poultry shopping list
- -1 Lb mashed potatoes shopping list
- -oil of choice to thinly coat pan shopping list
- -1 C Fine dice Mirepoix (celery, onion, carrot) shopping list
- -2 T flour shopping list
- -3/4 C stock to match meat. I use Kitchen Basics stock and freeze shopping list
- the leftovers in ice cube trays, then package in bags. shopping list
- -1 C Frozen petite peas shopping list
- -1 C Frozen white shoepeg corn shopping list
- -1 T herbs de Provence (tarragon, basil, savory, thyme, fennel, shopping list
- lavender) Make a mix or buy or use fresh if you can. shopping list
- - S& P to taste...I use Crazy Janes Mixed up salt. I like salt, shopping list
- so I cannot give amounts. shopping list
- -hot pepper /Flakes to taste, May Omit shopping list
- -butter shopping list
- MAKE LIFE AND COOKING EASY... I buy pre- packaged Mirepoix.. a 1 C package is $2.00. No separate purchases, No work for me. A convenience yes, but also a $ & time saver. For me to buy an onion, a bag of carrots, and celery costs approx. $3-5. The salad bar isn't always a reliable, cheap choice. Then I still have to process it. I cook for one. But I freeze and do share w/ friends and Family. shopping list
- As for the broth/flour mix... use your judgement, more of each will make more gravy..see what you like. shopping list
How to make it
- -Peel potatoes, make your favorite mashed potato recipe.
- -AFTER potatoes begin boiling, start w/ the meat. Mash your
- potatoes inbetween working on the meat mixture.
- -Coat bottom of skillet w/ oil. Add meat, & mirepoix.
- -After meat meat is brown, add flour, stir well.
- -Turn on oven to 350.
- -Add broth, stir well. Turn down heat.
- -Add Herbs, S&P, stir well.
- -Turn off heat, add frozen veggies.
- -Put meat mixture in a casserole dish. Place Mashed potatoes on
- -Place in oven till the potatoes begin to set and get crusty. 20 min.
- -Brush or Spray w/ butter. Bake till Golden Brown.
The Cooktillia Warminster, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!