Colonia Cottage Buttermilk PieFrom caramia 9 years ago
- 1 9 inch pie crust -- unbaked shopping list
- 2 eggs -- beaten shopping list
- 1 C. white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 C. butter -- melted shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 C. buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place beaten eggs in a medium bowl. Gradually beat in sugar. Stir in melted butter, salt, flour, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth. Pour mixture into pastry shell, and sprinkle top of pie with nutmeg.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Bake an additional 10 minutes. Pie is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.