Curry with Apple and Dried CranberriesFrom coffeebean53 6 years ago
- 1 TB vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 c. chopped onions shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 lg. tart green apple, chopped into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 pound chicken cut into kabob sized pieces. (chicken tenders work well here, just cut into the pieces) shopping list
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 TB curry powder shopping list
- 3 TB flour shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet over moderately high heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion, garlic and apples and saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in meat, salt, pepper and curry powder. Saute for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in flour, cooking until absorbed. Stir in chicken broth and cranberries.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until thickened slightly and meat is cooked through.
- Serve with rice or couscous, chutney and peanuts, if desired.
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!