Corn and Potato ChowderFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups prechopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided (about 1 bunch) shopping list
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (such as Old Bay) shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper shopping list
- 1 pound baking potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup half-and-half shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper and 3/4 cup green onions, and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Increase heat to high; add corn, water, seafood seasoning, thyme, red pepper, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat, and stir in half-and-half, chopped parsley, and salt. Place about 1 1/2 cups soup in each of 4 bowls; sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon green onions.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!