Lentil Salad From Ethiopia Or AzifaFrom chacha 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups of lentils shopping list
- 1 medium tomato, "finely" chopped shopping list
- 1-2 spring onions "finely" sliced shopping list
- 1/2 hot green pepper, minced (Jalapeno works well with this recipe. I remove the seeds with a knife and remember not to touch them.) shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 3 Tbsps. fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ginger, minced (not powdered) shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse lentils and boil them in enough water to cover completely.
- When they are soft, drain the water and allow them to cool.
- Salad Dressing:
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, garlic, ginger and parsley.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Whisk well.
- Mix the dressing with tomato, spring onion, and hot pepper;
- Mix the lentils and dressing together.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
- Serve with pita bread.
- Serves 4