Chicken Cordon BleuFrom kdbradley 7 years ago
- 4 chicken breast ; skinless, boneless shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 4 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 slices cooked ham shopping list
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- Optional Mornay Sauce: shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup swiss cheese ; grated shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- To prepare the chicken breasts, you can either cut into the thickest part of each fillet (not right through) and then open it out in a butterfly or you can cover them in plastic wrap and pound them flat with a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast.
- Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
- To make optional Mornay Sauce: In small heavy saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour.
- Add milk and cook, stirring constantly, until it boils.
- Lower heat.
- Add cheese, salt, cook, stirring constantly 5 minutes until smooth.