Chicken and Shrimp in Tomato-Coconut SauceFrom silverqueen 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup long grain rice. shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast ( 5-6 oz. each), season with salt and pepper to taste. shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes shopping list
- 2 cups fresh tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup coconut milk shopping list
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice shopping list
- Garnish with: shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- lime wedges. shopping list
How to make it
- 1/2 cup long grain rice cooked according to pkg. directions, keep warm
- Sauté chicken in oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until browned on both sides, about 4 minutes. Add onions, bell pepper, garlic and pepper flakes. Cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut milk, cover and cook until tomatoes begin to break down, 5-6 minutes.
- Add shrimp, scallions, cilantro and lime juice, cover and simmer until shrimp are cooked., 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt.
- Spoon rice onto 2 serving plates, then divide chicken and sauce between them.
- Garnish with:
- Cilantro and lime.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
- Not added to any groups yet!