Chinese Curry SauceFrom fergie 9 years ago
- 2 tbsn olive oil (or vegetable oil if you prefer) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped thinly shopping list
- 2 tbsn. plain flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. curry powder (Madras or similar from Chinese grocers) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt, adjust to taste shopping list
- 1/2 -1 tsp. chilli powder (how hot do you want it ? - you can add more along the way if you want, so be be gentle on your victims !!!) shopping list
- 1 tsp. sweet paprika powder shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the curry powder and the flour in a bowl and put to on side.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large pan
- Add the ginger and garlic and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the flour and curry powder mix and allow it to bubble. Stiring frequently
- Add the salt, paprika and chilli powder and stir well.
- Add water, a little at a time, untilt he sauce isof the require consistency (thick but fluid).
- Bring to boil and simmer briskly for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Use this a side dish or pour over chips ! (yummy)
- You can make a meat style curry. like chicken, prawns, pork or boiled potatoes, Mushrooms etc.,
- heat 1 tbs. oil in a wok
- stir-fry the chicken/prawns/meat/potatoes. mushrooms until nearly cooked and then add the curry paste.
- Continue to stir-fry for a few minutes. Add a little water, if you want more gravy or if it is going a little thick.
- Serve hot, with rice or noodles or chips.