Chocolate covered PretzelsFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 envelope active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (105 to 115 F) shopping list
- 3 tsps sugar shopping list
- 4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
- 2 1/2 tsps coarse salt shopping list
- 14 oz milk chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 4 tsps vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 oz each white and dar chocolate (such as semisweet), chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water and 1 tsp sugar in a small measuring cup. Let stand until foamy, 5 minutes.
- 2. Heat oven to 425. In a medium size bowl, mix remaining 2 tsp sugar, flour and salt. Stir in yeast mixture and melted butter. Knead until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- 3. Roll 1 tbsp dough into 18-inch rope. Form pretzel shape; transfer to a nonstick-foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat for 32 pretzels total. Brush with egg; sprinkle on coarse salt.
- 4. Bake in 425 oven for 20 to 25 minutes until browned. Cool on sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; let cool.
- 5. In a small bowl, melt milk chocolate and oil in microwave at 100% power 1 minute; stir. Melt white and dark chocolates in 2 seperate bowls, 1 minute each; stir. Dip top half of pretzels in milk chocolate; place on waxed paper. Chill to set, about 15 minutes. Drizzle with white or dark chocolate. Chill to set. Store airtight up to 1 month.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!