Cheese Lasagne with SausageFrom ambauer 9 years ago
- 15 oz ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 1/2 oz parmesan cheese, grated (~1 1/4 cups), divided, not from a can shopping list
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil or 2 tsp of dried Italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 6 cups tomato sauce (home made is best, but I use canned for convenience) shopping list
- 1 lb italian sausage, crumbled and browned shopping list
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles (~ 1 9oz package) shopping list
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese, ~ 4 cups shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375oF.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, egg, basil or Italian seasoning, and 1 cup of Parmesan.
- Put 1/4 cup of tomato sauce into the bottom of 9x13" pan. Place 3 of the noodles side by side on the sauce (there will be some gaps between noodles, side by side the short direction of the pan). Place 3 tbsp of ricotta mixture on each noodle and spread evenly. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella. Spoon 1 1/2 cups of sauce over cheese, and add 1/3 of Italian sausage, spreading slightly to even out layer. Repeat layering 2 more times.
- After the final layer of sauce, layer 3 more noodles, top with remaining sauce (~1 1/4 cup), and 1 cup of mozzarella and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan.
- Spray a large sheet of aluminum foil lightly with non-stick spray. Cover the pan of lasagna with foil. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes, or until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbling. Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Add roasted or sauteed mushrooms to tomato sauce or brown 1 lb of hamburger or 8 oz ground pork and 8 oz ground beef, add sauce to pan and simmer ~5 minutes.