Zucchini BreadFrom ambauer 7 years ago
- 2 zucchini (1 pound), ends trimmed shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar shopping list
- 6 tbsp butter, melted and cooled shopping list
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 cup AP flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted shopping list
- Optional: shopping list
- 3/4 cup golden raisins or dried cranberries. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375oF. Using non-stick spray, or butter and flour, generously coat a loaf pan to prevent sticking.
- Using the large holes on a box grater, shred the zucchini. Squeeze the extra moisture from the zucchini by squeezing it between several layers of paper towels, remove as much moisture as possible. This step is important or the batter will be too wet. Whisk the sugar, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, and lemon juice together in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt. Gently fold in the zucchini mixture until just combined, add the nuts. Do not overmix.
- Put the batter into the pan you previously prepared, smoothing the surface. Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning bread out onto a cooking rack. Allow to cool for one hour.