Better Than Arbys Beef And CheddarFrom cheryilyn 9 years ago
- cheese sauce shopping list
- 2/3 C. shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 C. Cheez Whiz shopping list
- 4 T. milk shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- Sandwich shopping list
- 1 pkg. puff pastry shopping list
- 1 lb. roast beef, sliced very thin shopping list
- 1 onion, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 8 slices pepper bacon shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 T. water shopping list
- sesame seeds shopping list
- Arby's Sauce Recipe shopping list
- 1 C. catsup shopping list
- 2 tsp water shopping list
- ¼ tsp garlic powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp onion powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ tsp Tabasco shopping list
- Arby's Horsey Sauce shopping list
- 1 C. mayo shopping list
- 3 T. bottled horseradish cream sauce shopping list
- 1 T. sugar or 2 packages equal shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature for 40 min or until they're easy to handle.
- Cheese Sauce
- Prepare Cheese sauce by combining cheddar cheese, Cheez Whiz, and milk in a small saucepan over med/low heat.
- Stir cheese mixture often as it heats, so that it does not burn.
- Add salt. When all of the cheddar cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth, cover pan and set aside.
- Fry bacon, remove from pan and put on paper towel.
- Drain grease from pan leaving enough to sauté onion and garlic until tender.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Stir eggs and water with a fork in a small bowl.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the sheet into a 14” square. Cut into 4 squares.
- Repeat with remaining pastry sheet.
- Mound several pieces of beef in center of each pastry square.
- Place spoonful of onions over beef.
- Cut bacon in half, place 2 pieces on top of onions.
- Spoon cheese sauce over top.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg.
- Fold one side over top, fold ends over and bring other side over and seal. Place seam down on baking sheets. Brush with the egg mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 min or until golden. Serve with Arby’s sauce and horsey sauce.
- Arby's Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to boil, 5 to 10 min.
- Remove the sauce from the heat. Cover and allow to cool.
- Pour into a covered container for storage in your refrigerator.
- Keeps for a month or two. Makes 1 cup
- Arby's Horsey Sauce
- Mix all well. Keep refrigerated, tightly covered to use in 2 weeks.
The Cookcheryilyn Salem, OR
The Rating2 people
Sounds amazing. Thanks.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Tried this last night. Puff pastry is pretty pricey so I opted for the large roll of buiscuits instead (8 for $1.99). I rolled them out flat and thin and sealed them like empenadas. OMG! A huge hit. THANK YOU! Only complaint was I didn't make seasone...morericrgs in loved it