Roast chicken with lemony bombay potatoesFrom capedread 8 years ago
- 5 large potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1" cubes (can peel em if you wish) shopping list
- 2 lemons shopping list
- 8 pieces of chicken shopping list
- 1 heaped tsp. turmeric shopping list
- 1" ginger, thinly sliced into matches shopping list
- 1tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 6 sprigs coriander, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 red pepper roughly chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6.
- put potatoes into pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil
- simmer for a few minutes,
- drain and allow to steam in a colander.
- Put a heaped teaspoon of turmeric into a bowl and add the zest of 1 lemon
- half a teaspoon of ground cumin,
- 5 sprigs of chopped fresh coriander,
- the chopped red pepper,
- fresh ginger
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into the bowl.
- Shake the potatoes up in the colander and add them to the bowl with the chicken pieces
- Toss everything around with a splash of olive oil and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Remove the chicken,
- put the potatoes into the tray, top with the chicken.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook in the middle of the oven for 25 to 35 minutes.
- cut last lemon into 4 for each plate