Deep-fried Ricotta BallsFrom cher3231 7 years ago
- 1 1/3 c. ricotta cheese, drained of most liquid shopping list
- 1/2 c. parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c. (approximately 2 tbsp.) fresh parsley or 2 tsp. dried parsley shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced shopping list
- Pinch nutmeg shopping list
- 1 egg, separated, + 1 egg shopping list
- salt & pepper, to taste shopping list
- 2-3 c. olive oil shopping list
- 2/3 c. bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into walnut-sized balls and set on rack to dry slightly, about 15 minutes.
- When ready to cook, put at least 2" oil in pan and heat to 360 degrees.
- Beat one egg white with one whole egg.
- Place crumbs in bowl.
- Dip each cheese ball into egg mixture; roll quickly in crumbs, making sure that they are covered, pressing crumbs on firmly.
- Carefully lower a few cheese balls at a time into oil and fry until golden.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
- ***You may like to dip cheese balls in tomato-based sauce of your choice.