BoudinFrom betty_boop 5 years ago
- 10 pounds pork roast shopping list
- 3 medium onions whole shopping list
- 1 onion shopping list
- 3 bunches green onion chopped fine shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp black pepper shopping list
- 5 tbsp cayenne shopping list
- 9 3/4 cup cooked rice shopping list
- 1 package of casing shopping list
How to make it
- In a large stock pot with enough water to cover the entire contents of pot, boil together the pork, 3 onions, until meat separates from the bone. Remove roast from water and then remove fat from meat. Reserve stock.
- With a meat grinder, grind together the meat with the boiled onion, shallots and peppers. Also grind in a raw whole onion. Return the meat mixture to the pot and add the green onion and parsley, both chopped fine. Add the white pepper, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook rice (but letting the rice be on alittle of raw side because later after it is done in casing and you boil this will cook..if rice is cooked all the way this will make the rice soggie...... we also place it in the rice cooker on warm after boiling this gives the casing more of an dry effect ) now ..Add rice to the mixture and keep the consistency "wet" but not to wet. Stuff the boudoin mixture into the casing, make boudoin balls or eat as a rice dressing. Boudoin goes so well with cracklins.
- Because there is a substantial amount of boudoin, most of it will be frozen. To serve, thaw boudoin. Heat water to boiling; place boudoin in water and boil for 10 minutes. Remove and serve. Can be kept in a rice cooker to keep it warm.
- making boudoin balls .. roll in a small amount of bread crumbs before freezing. To serve, thaw and cook in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes turning balls once or deep fat fry until golden brown.
- Boudin is served in the south for just about any time you want it..for breakfast, lunch , dinner..snacks....this is also serve at wedding, or any type of showers....(baby wedding , family reunions)..
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookbetty_boop Sulphur, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!