Blanquette Of VealFrom vino4dino 9 years ago
- 2 tbs. lard or butter or olive oil shopping list
- 2 LB. veal cut into 2" squares. shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper corns shopping list
- 1 medium onion diced shopping list
- 1 carrot peeled & diced shopping list
- 2 tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 tsp laurel leaf shopping list
- 1 tbs butter shopping list
- 2 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- yolk of one egg shopping list
- 1 tbs heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- TIn a 12" skillet, brown the veal in lard over medium high heat, (about 3 or 4 minutes per side). Add just enough water to cover the veal. Add the salt, pepper, onion, carrot, parsley and laurel leaf and let simmer on low heat for two hours.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat, add the flour and stir constantly until you achieve a dark (milk chocolate) color. Be careful not to burn. Moisten with a little meat juice and let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Dissolve the egg yolk in the lemon juice and heavy cream in a small bowl. Stir and then add to your simmering sauce in the small sauce pan. Simply mix and do not let them boil. Pour it over your veal which has been simmering in its juice, stir and serve immediately. You can add mushrooms or chopped
- truffles if so desired.