cornmeal-crusted chicken breastsFrom ajn 9 years ago
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless bread shopping list
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter shopping list
- 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix 1 cup breadcrumbs, 1 cup yellow cornmeal, 2 tablespoons minced parsley, 2 tablespoons minced thyme, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in large bowl. Whisk 1/2 cup Dijon mustard and 2 eggs in medium bowl to blend.
- Using mallet or rolling pin, pound each chicken breast half between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/2- to 1/3-inch thickness. Dip pounded chicken first into mustard mixture and coat well, then into breadcrumb mixture and coat well; shake off excess breadcrumbs.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of chicken to skillet; cook until golden, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Repeat with remaining butter, oil and chicken.
- Bake chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
The Cookajn Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!