Sea Scallops With Marinated Onions Lemon And SpinachFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large lemons halved lengthwise seeded and sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup salt shopping list
- 16 large sea scallops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves rinsed and spun dry shopping list
- 10 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat grill or broiler then soak 4 bamboo skewers in water.
- In large mixing bowl stir together onion, lemons, 2 cups vinegar, water, sugar and salt.
- Combine until well mixed then allow to stand 1 hour.
- On each of the skewers thread 4 scallops alternately with marinated lemon pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper then grill 4 minutes per side.
- Toss baby spinach in mixing bowl with 6 tablespoons olive oil and 2 tablespoons.
- Mix until well coated then divide spinach among 4 plates.
- Strain onions and place in 4 small piles around rim of each plate.
- Place a scallop skewer over spinach on each pile.
- Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon of the remaining olive oil and serve.