Normandy Style Pork ChopsFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 loin pork chops trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn oil shopping list
- 1/4 stick butter shopping list
- 2 white onions sliced shopping list
- 1 garlic clove crushed shopping list
- 2 small cooking apples peeled cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brandy shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook chops in oil in a skillet over moderately high heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Add half the butter to the skillet and cook onions and garlic over moderate heat for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to casserole dish.
- Cook apple slices in a skillet for 1 minute each side and add to casserole.
- Melt remaining butter then stir in flour and cook for a few seconds in the skillet.
- Stir in cider, honey and brandy then bring to a boil stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper then add to casserole with the thyme.
- Cover and bake in a preheated 375 oven for 35 minutes.
- Skim off the surface fat then stir in cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!