Seafood Bisque lo carbFrom momtaylor 7 years ago
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots (about 2) shopping list
- ¼ cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 2 sticks (½ pound) butter shopping list
- 1 quart water shopping list
- 1 T. chicken base shopping list
- a sprinkle or two of flour shopping list
- 2 6.5-oz. cans chopped clams with juice shopping list
- ½ lb uncooked shrimp, cleaned, shelled, deveined shopping list
- 1/3 lb cod (leave in one piece) shopping list
- 1/3 lb salmon (leave in one piece-remove skin) shopping list
- 4 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1 small can crab meat shopping list
- ½ cup dry sherry shopping list
- chives for garnish, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Sautè shallots and diced celery in butter, until soft.
- Add flour, if desired, and stir with a wire whip for 5 minutes, on low heat and set aside.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil.
- Add chicken base, clams with juice, all of the shrimp and the whole pieces of cod and salmon.
- Return to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Strain the stock, and reserve the seafood.
- Stir the shallot/butter mixture into the stock.
- Flake the large pieces of boiled fish and add the canned crabmeat. Add the heavy cream and sherry.
- Bring to a simmer and heat through.
- Add chives, if desired.
The Cookmomtaylor Carlsbad, NM
- Not added to any groups yet!