Beef PastyFrom labelledames 9 years ago
- 1 nine inch single crust pastry dough for pie shopping list
- 3 Tbsp margarine shopping list
- 1/2 C cut onion shopping list
- 1 cubed potato shopping list
- 1/3 C flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 1/4 C beef broth shopping list
- 1 carrot chopped in rounds shopping list
- 1 C frozen green peas shopping list
- 2 C square cut leftover beef shopping list
How to make it
- Set the oven to 425 degrees F and allow to preheat. Sprinkle flour over a clean, flat surface. Sprinkle a bit of flour on your rolling pin to prevent sticking. With your pin, roll the crust dough until it stretches to a circle of 12 inches. Set to the side for later use.
- Over low to medium heat, heat margarine in a saucepan until completely melted. When margarine is completely liquefied, blend in the cut onion and cubed potato. Allow this combination to cook until onions are soft, but not yet browned. Add ground black pepper, powdered garlic, and oregano to taste. Shake the flour over this mixture, stirring to avoid clumps. Now, add the beef broth, followed by the beef, carrot rounds, and peas. Allow mixture to come to a boil, and then migrate it to a 2-quart sized oven-friendly casserole dish. Crown this mixture with your pastry round, texture the edges, and slice steam-slits into the pastry crown.
- Set casserole dish on a baking sheet, and place on center rack of oven. Allow to bake for 25 to 30 minutes (time may differ, based on altitude), or until crown is a golden brown. After 10 minutes of cooling, your tasty pasty will be thick and ready to serve!