Litchi Garlic ChickenFrom merlin 9 years ago
- 1 2-1/2-3 lb grocery store rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 1 sliced onion shopping list
- 2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced shopping list
- peanut oil to stir fry shopping list
- 3 stalks celery, sliced shopping list
- 2 cans of sliced water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) litchis in syrup shopping list
- 1-2 t hot pepper flakes (to taste) shopping list
- 2 T. tempura or lo sodium soy sauce shopping list
- 1 t. cornstarch dissolved in 2 t. water shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Remove meat from 2 ½-3 ½ lb garlic-flavored rotisserie chicken. The carcass and skin makes a wonderful rotisserie chicken soup. Shred meat into bite-sized chunks.
- 2) In a hot wok or wok pan, stir fry 1 sliced onion and 2 minced and seeded jalapeno peppers in peanut oil until just soft. Remove
- 3) Add a bit more peanut oil and 3 stalks sliced celery and 2 cans of sliced water chestnuts, drained. Stir fry until the celery is just becoming soft.
- 4) Add chicken and onion. Add 1 can litchis, drained with ¼ cup of the litchi juice from the can, 1-2 t. hot pepper flakes (to taste) and 2 T. tempura sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 4 minutes.
- 5) Add 1 t. cornstarch dissolved in 2 t. water. Cover and cook for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating1 people
- Not added to any groups yet!