Red Pepper Soup with limeFrom cmon68 5 years ago
- 4 fresh red bell peppers seeded and chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 crushed garlic clove shopping list
- 1 small red chili sliced shopping list
- 3 tbs tomato paste shopping list
- juice and finely grated rind of one lime shopping list
- 3 1/4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- Shreds of lime rind for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Cook onions and peppers gently in oil in saucepan covered with tight lid for 5 minutes,shake pan occasionally, until softened.
- Stir in garlic then add chili with tomato paste.
- Stir in half the stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes
- Cool slightly then puree in a food processor or blender.
- Return to pan then add remaining stock, lime rind and juice and seasoning.
- Bring back to boil then serve immediately with a few curled lime rinds in each bowl.