Crockpot Mexi-Beef StewFrom tequila12 6 years ago
- 2 lb. of beef stew meat cut into big chunks shopping list
- 1 packet good quality salsa seasoning (don't buy stuff loaded with msg and artificial flavorings!) shopping list
- 4 sliced carrots shopping list
- 4 chopped potatoes shopping list
- 3 cups of water shopping list
- 1 small can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small can chopped green chilis shopping list
- 2 TBLS. worcester sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp. garlic salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. cumin or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place carrots, potatos and chilies into bottom of crockpot.
- Put beef on top of vegetables.
- Pour salsa seasoning on top of beef.
- Mix can of tomato paste into water (or broth if you prefer to use I have used beer instead of water, yummy!)
- Add worchester sauce, garlic salt, cumin and black pepper into water/tomato mixture and pour on top of meat and veggies.
- Pour undrained can of tomatoes on top of this.
- Avoid the temptation to stir....just leave it the way it is!
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.