Very Easy Sweet n Smoky Bbq SandwichesFrom sweetwords 7 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 2-1/2 lb pork loin shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 19oz bottle of barbecue sauce (I recommend Jack Daniels' honey Smokehouse, but if you don't use it, then you might want to add some liquid smoke) shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp light brown sugar (or to taste) shopping list
- Dash cayenne pepper (opt.) shopping list
- ketchup to taste shopping list
- hamburger buns shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil in pressure cooker.
- Cut pork loin into thirds; add to hot oil and brown well on all sides.
- Add salt, pepper, and onion, then add 3 cups water (1 cup at a time).
- Over medium heat, close pressure cooker and place rocker on vent.
- When rocker begins rocking, turn heat down to the minimum that will still keep the rocker going, and let pork cook for 50 minutes.
- At end of cooking time, turn off heat and let cooker cool down naturally (15-30 minutes).
- When safe, take out pork and place in large bowl. Shred pork using two forks.
- In separate bowl, mix barbecue sauce with lemon juice, brown sugar, and cayenne; combine with shredded pork.
- Pour mixture back into pressure cooker and simmer on very low for 10 minutes; if pork gets too dry, remove from heat and add a little ketchup.
- Serve on hamburger buns.