Creamy Cauliflower Soup With Caraway Seeds And Truffle OilFrom softgrey 8 years ago
- 5 new potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cauliflower cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 bunch scallion chopped-white part of scallions only shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds shopping list
- water shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
- additional scallions (green parts) - chopped shopping list
- freshly grated Parmesan to taste shopping list
- truffle oil shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes, cauliflower and scallions in a saucepan.
- Add water, enough to cover contents of pot.
- Add caraway seeds and salt to taste, about 1 tsp (this can be adjusted later).
- Cook until very tender. *skim surface foam if necessary while cooking.
- Puree in a food processor, adding some more boiling water from a kettle to thin the soup if necessary.
- Add additional green parts of scallion to taste-about 1 TBSP or so and puree some more.
- At this point taste and add salt if necessary.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Serve with a drizzle of truffle oil and grated parmesan sprinkled on top.