Quinoa Vegie PilafFrom juliagulia 7 years ago
- 1 cup of quinoa, rinsed and picked over shopping list
- 2 cups fat-free chicken or veggie broth (low salt is best) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or just enough spray olive oil to coat the pan) shopping list
- 1/2 cup of diced onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery shopping list
- 1 cup total of diced red, yellow, orange, or green pepper (your choice) shopping list
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried sage shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Combine quinoa and broth together in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15(ish) minutes until the liquid is absorbed, stirring every 5 minutes or so.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat a large flying pan over medium high heat and coat the pan with olive oil. Saute the onions, celery, peppers, and salt and pepper together until everything is tender-crisp, about 5-7 minutes. Add the peas and continue cooking another minute longer. Add quinoa to frying pan and mix everything together thoroughly and serve.