Double Corn Spoon BreadFrom json 8 years ago
- 2 cups whole milk shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 3 Tbs. olive oil shopping list
- 1 Tbs. honey shopping list
- 1 Cup Stone Grnd corn Meal (don't chince out, buy the good stuff) shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups Fresh/frozen/canned corn shopping list
- 1/2 small white onion (can carmelize if desired) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. thyme shopping list
- 1 teas. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teas. salt shopping list
- 4 egg whites: whipped to soft peaks shopping list
- 1 Tbls. of Parm. cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Set oven @ 350, spray baking dish with non-stick spray
- In saucepan on medium heat combine milk, stock, olive oil, honey and heat until hot, not boiling, reduce to simmer.
- Add cornmeal and whisk steadily until it thickens.
- Transfer thickened cornmeal mix to a mixing bowl and fold in corn, onion, thyme, baking powder and salt.
- In small batches, fold in whipped egg whites. Don't over mix.
- Pour batter in prepared pan and top with Parm. cheese.
- Bake until puffed and light brown (approx. 30 min.)
- For more intimate: pour in to seperate souffle ramikins.
- For more spice: add chopped hot peppers.
- For more Sweetness: add more honey
The Cookjson Elizabethtown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!