Chocolate Pecan Pie with Coffee ToppingFrom zena824 5 years ago
- 1 package (4 oz) German sweet chocolate block shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup light corn syrup shopping list
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 cuo coarsely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 unbaked pie shell shopping list
- coffee topping (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt cocolate and butter in a small saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- Bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil in separate saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved; reduce heat and boil gently 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate mixture.
- Pour slowly over eggs, stirring constantly.
- Stir in vanillan and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until filling is completly puffed across top.
- Garnish with Coffee Topping. (crisscross stripes across top of pie)
- Coffee Topping:
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon instant coffee in teaspoon water.
- Fold into 1 cup thawed cool whip topping or sweeteded whipped cream.