Spicy Chocolate Peanut Hearts A Sure Way To Spice Up ValentinesFrom jerrydrussell 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place chocolate, butter and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or the top of a double boiler. Heat over a pan of simmering water until melted, stir constantly to combine flavors and butter and prevent scorching the chocolate. (about 6 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, arrange heart shaped molds (or whatever shape you prefer) on a silpat or buttered parchment paper that has been placed on the bottom side of a chilled sheet pan. Arrange peanuts in molds in a single layer.
- When chocolate has melted completely, spoon into molds just until nuts are completely covered, tapping the sides of the molds gently to help settle the chocolate. If there is remaining chocolate, mix in nuts if desired and spoon clusters directly onto silpat or parchment paper. (Why waste this, it’s GOOD! )
- Move entire tray to refrigerator for 2-4 hours or until chocolate is set firmly.
- Gently press cold heart shapes out of molds. Once all pieces are unmolded, return to refrigerator for at least30 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolates with powdered sugar if desired and arrange on a serving plate, or in an airtight container between layers of parchment paper to prevent candies from sticking.
The Cookjerrydrussell Sheppard AFB, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!