Chevys Sweet Corn Tomalito Aka Corn PuddingFrom deedeec 7 years ago
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup masa (corn flour) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, masa, and sugar using an electirc mixer until light and fluffy. About 1 minute.
- In a blender, blend half of the corn kernels with the water until smooth.
- Combine this mixture with the butter mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn kerrnels, corn meal, baking powder, salt and milk and mix well.
- Pour the corn mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan. tightly cover with foil. Steam by setting atop a medium sauce pan of water on top of the stove. * see note... Bring water to a boil and steam corn mixture for 50 minutes to one hour. Keep an eye on the water, you may need to add more.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tomalito should have a smooth, moist texture.
- Note: the pan must be tightly wrapped at all times.
- I've made this in a double boiler too.
- * Note: I received the Chevy's cookbook for a birthday present this year and I looked up their recipe in the Official Cookbook. While the ingredients are the same as this, the mesurements are quite different. However the book offers a different and dare I say better cooking method. Here it is:
- Preheat oven 250 degree F. Place covered dish in a larger roasting pan filled with so water is 3/4 of inch up side of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating4 people
Made this dish before and it is amazing. Love it.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Will definately try this!buzzbear in New Westminister loved it
I made it and it was amazing! Next time I will use less of the whole kernels-the unblended ones. For me, it was good, but I'd prefer it with less!DanceChi in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!