Chevys Sweet Corn Tomalito Aka Corn PuddingFrom deedeec 5 years ago
- 5 Tbsp. butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup masa (corn flour) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 cups corn kernels, fresh or frozen, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 cup cornmeal shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the butter, masa, and sugar using an electirc mixer until light and fluffy. About 1 minute.
- In a blender, blend half of the corn kernels with the water until smooth.
- Combine this mixture with the butter mixture, stirring well.
- Add the remaining corn kerrnels, corn meal, baking powder, salt and milk and mix well.
- Pour the corn mixture into an 8 inch square baking pan. tightly cover with foil. Steam by setting atop a medium sauce pan of water on top of the stove. * see note... Bring water to a boil and steam corn mixture for 50 minutes to one hour. Keep an eye on the water, you may need to add more.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Tomalito should have a smooth, moist texture.
- Note: the pan must be tightly wrapped at all times.
- I've made this in a double boiler too.
- * Note: I received the Chevy's cookbook for a birthday present this year and I looked up their recipe in the Official Cookbook. While the ingredients are the same as this, the mesurements are quite different. However the book offers a different and dare I say better cooking method. Here it is:
- Preheat oven 250 degree F. Place covered dish in a larger roasting pan filled with so water is 3/4 of inch up side of baking dish. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
The Cookdeedeec Sterling, VA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!